Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Underground Mining Engineers. This is an Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
- Implement and maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures, and ensure to maintain a healthy working environment;
- Implement and develop the operating mine design processes to ensure alignment; between the underground mining operations and project strategic objectives;
- Deliver short and medium term mine plans to achievable;
- Prepare and maintain an active register identifying all mine planning risks and opportunities for the project;
- Coordinating mining engineering projects with the mining team and other engineering disciplines.
- Underground design, planning and optimization in development;
- Ensures accurate interpretation of underground designs;
- Undertaking improvements of mining activities;
- Working with specialist software to support planning programmes;
- Overseeing construction projects and ensuring that operations run smoothly;
- Monitoring production activities;
- Ensuring the safety of mining equipment and assessing mine equipment supplies;
- Managing monthly budgets and keeping detailed records;
- Ensure all activities within area of control are completed to the specification nominated for the works being undertaken and standard that is fit for purpose and meets the end users’ requirement.?
Required Skills or Experience
- BSc. or Diploma in Mining Engineering or relevant discipline;
- Minimum of five (5) years post qualification work experience, three of which must have been in the Mining Industry, preferably underground mining;
- Must possess Blasting/Mine Supervisors certificate of competence;
- High level Strong Computer Skills with Proficiency in Mine Planning & Design software and other related packages;
- Must be conversant with the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana, and be able to interpret and apply these laws and regulations;
- Leadership experience and a strong desire to coach and develop others;
- Proven people management skills in a similar environment;
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with and influence key stakeholders;
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving license and have the ability to drive underground;
- Be commercially savvy with a strong business acumen;
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve.
Recommended For You:
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
How To Apply
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to
before or on 15th May 2020.
- Applicants are requested to indicate the position title in the subject line.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.