Young Africa Works Summit & Events Partner
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 – 8 years
- Job FieldExpatriate
Reporting to the Lead, Young Africa Works Summit and Events, this position will work closely with the Policy and Thought Leadership team as well as with other departments within the Foundation. The ideal candidate will have the ability to conceptualize and manage the planning, administration, and logistics for various local, regional, and international Foundation events.
The ideal candidate will have the experience and knowledge to create high-impact events. The candidate should also provide outstanding customer service to internal clients, be an enthusiastic professional, and have the ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Develop creative concepts for signature global events which align with and support the Mastercard Foundation’s brand.
- Develop and implement quality, high-impact events designed to create strong engagement, with an emphasis on intellectual content such as guest speakers.
- Manage negotiations for venue contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs and ensure appropriate décor to meet the quality expectations of the Mastercard Foundation.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Understand audience needs and interests; define metrics to evaluate events against desired outcomes; and incorporate findings into ongoing event strategy.
- Research venues, coordinate and conduct site visits, and identify resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create room layouts for each event and propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Prepare collateral materials such as nametags, invitations, signage, welcome packages, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Communications team to expand and enhance our social media and online strategies for programs and events.
- Manage and assist with on-site production and clean up for events, as necessary.
- Conduct post-event evaluation and incorporate findings into ongoing event strategy.
- Keep track of event finances, including cheque requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Prepare detailed budgets and timelines for each event, and provide periodic progress reports to the Lead, Young Africa Works Summit and Events.
- Assist with the development of periodic reports for the Head, Policy and Thought Leadership.
- Ability to travel internationally and work occasional evenings and weekends.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree or Events Management Certification.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years’ experience managing mid- to large-scale events.
- Consummate professional with excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated high level of confidence in making strategic decisions, good judgement, and innovative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to speak French is an added advantage.
- Proficiency with MS Suite applications (PowerPoint, Word and Excel), Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified? Go to Mastercard Foundation on boards.greenhouse.io to apply