- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are an experienced Event Management professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Lead, Young Africa Works Summit and Events, this position will work closely with the Policy and Thought Leadership team as well as with other departments within the Foundation. The ideal candidate will have the ability to conceptualize and manage the planning, administration, and logistics for various local, regional, and international Foundation events.
The ideal candidate will have the experience and knowledge to create high-impact events. The candidate should also provide outstanding customer service to internal clients, be an enthusiastic professional, and have the ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Develop creative concepts for signature global events which align with and support the Mastercard Foundation’s brand.
- Develop and implement quality, high-impact events designed to create strong engagement, with an emphasis on intellectual content such as guest speakers.
- Manage negotiations for venue contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs and ensure appropriate décor to meet the quality expectations of the Mastercard Foundation.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Understand audience needs and interests; define metrics to evaluate events against desired outcomes; and incorporate findings into ongoing event strategy.
- Research venues, coordinate and conduct site visits, and identify resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create room layouts for each event and propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Prepare collateral materials such as nametags, invitations, signage, welcome packages, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Communications team to expand and enhance our social media and online strategies for programs and events.
- Manage and assist with on-site production and clean up for events, as necessary.
- Conduct post-event evaluation and incorporate findings into ongoing event strategy.
- Keep track of event finances, including cheque requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Prepare detailed budgets and timelines for each event, and provide periodic progress reports to the Lead, Young Africa Works Summit and Events.
- Assist with the development of periodic reports for the Head, Policy and Thought Leadership.
- Ability to travel internationally and work occasional evenings and weekends.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree or Events Management Certification.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years’ experience managing mid- to large-scale events.
- Consummate professional with excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated high level of confidence in making strategic decisions, good judgement, and innovative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to speak French is an added advantage.
- Proficiency with MS Suite applications (PowerPoint, Word and Excel), Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 21 April, 2020